This website was launched on Thursday December 4th, 2008, with my initial post, Snapshots.
As a Birthday celebration I asked Jon (my website guy) to pull some facts and figures out of the analytics for the website. Here’s what he came up with.
Aside from the homepage, the most popular page on the site is the gallery. I will definitely try to add more photos to this in 2012!
The three most popular stories (in terms of pageviews) on the site are:
- June 2010 – where I wrote about how London Ambulance Service decided they would no longer use ECPs as part of their workforce. ECPs were officially redeployed to other roles as of April 2011.
- August 2009 – where I wrote about the subject of Paramedic Prescribing – which continues to be a hot topic.
- January 2010 – where Charlotte kindly wrote the first in a short series of articles on Life as a Student Paramedic.
- United States
- Italy (hello to all my Italian friends!)
- “Paramedic Prescribing” – no surprises here. Here’s the article that most of those searches head to: Paramedic Prescribing.
- “Katie the Paramedic” – my second book.
- “Advanced Paramedic” – a future role that is being proposed in several ambulance services.
- “elastic band injuries”, “blinded by elastic band” and other associated elastic band related searches. I never imagined when I wrote this article in May 2009 that there were so many people searching for this on Google! Are you one of those people? If so, please contact me via the contact page so I can start to understand what people are trying to find out about injuries from elastic bands!
- “Police, crime & 999″, “John Donoghue” and associated searches. Jon says this book is very dangerous, as he keeps laughing out loud in public places while reading it! Read the review here or buy the book on Amazon here.
- “Les Pringle” and “Blue lights and long nights” – an excellent book – one for the Christmas stockings anyone? Read my review here and see the book on Amazon.co.uk here (note: the book has been reissued under the title ‘Dial 999!’). (You can also look at my other Book Reviews if you haven’t seen them).
- “Italian ambulance service” – See part 1 of my article series here.
- “knife crime” – Read my set of articles here.
- “999″ and “rapid response” – My first book “999″ was recently re-released with a new title “Rapid Response”. See the book on Amazon.co.uk here.
- In our facebook group, “So you want to be a Paramedic?”.
- On Twitter, where I am now more active, @lysawalder.
- On Amazon.co.uk, where you can see more about my books.